Friday, August 16, 2013

Taking a Test Drive?

 
 
     We flew out of New England in the heat of August, and then this school bus pulled in front of me out of nowhere this week. Cool temperatures and this pencil-yellow omen tell me that the start of a school year is approaching. Dissecting the academic schedules of five schools for the four of us requires the skills of a neurosurgeon, which I am not. As much as I love my work, I am always a bit reluctant to say good-bye to the slower days of summer, the abundance of family time, time to write and think (I am NOT implying that I don't think for the rest of the year), and return to my very pleasant and happy hive. Then again, I also hate to turn in my sandals for shoes, but I love boots once they're snuggly on my feet with a pair of Smart Wool socks come winter. "Winter" . . . now that was a word I didn't intend to let slip out of my mouth just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment