Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Wonder of Creation

    
     I sent off a chapter of my dissertation today even though hitting the send button always fills me with dread, and I await the inevitable comments and criticism, which I hope will not feel too brutal or overwhelming. Incorporating feedback from a three-person committee is difficult, to say the least. I moved on to another chapter and feel lighter and freer. The next stretch feels doable, even fun, followed by a final chapter that is ... a bear ... and that I am dreading.
     This is my bulletin board filled mainly with calendars and schedules. I love this photo of my boys when they were younger; they are now 7 and 10. The bottom is my oldest's animal collage, meant to be evoke the style of Eric Carle's Brown Bear, Brown Bear , What Do You See? animals. He made it in first grade four years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment