Friday, July 26, 2013

The Road Most Taken

 
     Early this morning I viewed my life and home through the lens of my rain-spattered windshield. I have lived my life as both a city mouse and a country mouse (another story I love), having lived everywhere from Montana to Manhattan to Boston and Paris to these New Hampshire woods. Perhaps living on this little dirt road, my life echoes Robert Frost's well-known words, now almost 100 years old, but still fresh in my mind, having stood in his Derry barn last night:

          "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
           took the one less traveled by,

           And that has made all the difference."

     The "less traveled" dirt road, seen here, with only five homes on it, is my most traveled road. Paradoxical? Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment